Best Way To Record Auto-Attendant Greetings
Auto-Attendant Recording Tips
These are general tips for recording Auto-Attendant Greetings, ways to make your greeting sound better and more professional.
- Write a script.
- Write it in a word processor to make changes easier, both now and later.
- Make it short and to the point.
- Avoid Unnecessary Phrases.
- If you must create a lot of different options, use sub-menus.
- Always have a Zero Option.
- Make sure someone answers the “0” calls during normal business hours.
- Make sure “0” calls go to voice-mail after hours.
- Return calls ASAP!
- Preparing to Record
- Go somewhere quiet.
- Practice your script. Out loud.
- Get some hot coffee or hot tea.
- Making the Recording
- Always use the handset. Never use the speakerphone.
- Check to make sure your posture is good.
- Standing up is even better.
- Take a deep breath before recording.
- Smile while recording.
- Speak slightly slower than normal.
- Make an extra effort at pronunciation.
- Check the Recording.
- Always take time to listen to your recording.
- If it doesn’t sound good, do it again!